Community Nutrition Services - Pemberton Health Centre
?Public health Dietitians are Registered Dietitians, who provide a range of services for school staff, students, parents and caregivers of children of al ages children including:
- Program planning (e.g. breakfast and lunch programs, school gardens, farm to school)
- Helping schools to develop policies about food and healthy eating. Supporting staff, parents and students to follow food and healthy eating policies and guidelines.
- Providing advice and support on implementing the Guidelines for Food and Beverage Sales in BC Schools (e.g. food service, fundraisers, vending machines, and other school events)
- Providing education sessions to staff and parents (e.g. professional-development day workshops, parent advisory council meetings on topics such as weight bias, nutrition policy, etc)
- Providing healthy eating resources (e.g. Canada?s Food Guide, nutrition and body image lesson plans and resources)
- Helping school staff, parents and caregivers find appropriate nutrition services for students
These services are free-of-charge.
Hours of operation
- Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Parking & transportation
Free parking is available.
Our services are available to all community members working to improve access to healthy foods and to public and private school teachers.