Mental Health & Substance Use Outpatient Services - Vancouver General Hospital
We provide services within a framework that supports recovery to individuals who live with mental illness and substance use issues. The goal is to support individuals in moving from these specialized, intensive services to the use of natural supports and primary care resources in the community.
Therapeutic modality includes individual, groups or online therapies delivered in:
- Focused, short term treatments
- Interdisciplinary care provision
- Stepped levels of care based on clinical need
Core Services are provided over a 6- 12 month period:
- 72hr response when clinically indicated for Short term assessment and treatment and crisis stabilization following psychiatric assessment
- PsychiatricAssessments (Diagnostic clarification, consultations, treatment recommendations)
- Group therapy:
- Unified Protocol for Transdiagnostic Treatment of Emotional Disorders: targets Depression & Anxiety (available for Concurrent Disorders population; also provided in Farsi & Cantonese)
- Life after Trauma: Stage 1 of treatment for Complex PTSD, targeting childhood trauma
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy: depression the result of interpersonal losses, role conflict and life transitions - Dialectical Behavior Therapy: targeting people with Borderline Personality Disorder (currently closed for referrals)
- Psychotherapy/psychoeducational services for clients with suicidal ideation, people bereaved by suicide and concerned others. Capacity to include services in Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi and Spanish as well as limited capacity for 1:1 with the concurrent disorders population
- Rehab support for behavioral activation and functional assessments of people accessing our core services
- OnlineTherapy (Depression, Generalized Anxiety, Panic, Family Support, & Insomnia)
- Community education:
- Suicide and bereavement education and follow up
- Anti-stigma education
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Parking & transportation
Metered parking is available behind the facility.