Geriatric Internal Medicine - Teaching Clinic - Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre
This clinic provides assessment by a geriatric medicine specialist of frail older adults with complex medical, psychiatric, social and functional issues.
Common reasons for referral include:
- Cognitive impairment
- Multiple medical comorbidities and frailty
- Functional decline (ADLS, IADLS concerns)
- Pre-operative assessment
- Mobility concerns, falls assessment
- Medication review/polypharmacy
- Behaviour/mood concerns
- Movement disorders (Parkinsonism etc)
- Syncope, fainting
- Living at risk/failure to thrive
- Competency assessment
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Complex medical or functional needs.