Between May 21 and 28, the lower level of the VGH W. 12th Avenue parkade — on the west side (adjacent to Laurel Street) — will be closed for repaving .
During this time, traffic flow into and out of the parkade will be reduced to single-lane each way. Temporary signage will be in place, and flaggers will be on hand to direct traffic during construction hours from 7 am to 3 pm.
The following closures will be in effect May 21 to 28:
- One parking payment booth will be out of service.
- VGH 12th Avenue parkade bike cage. Please see the map of alternative bicycle storage facilities at VGH.
- Approximately 60 parking stalls on parkade level one adjacent to Laurel Street including:
- 4 electric vehicle parking stalls in the lower parkade
- 5 designated parking stalls for people with disabilities, which will be temporarily relocated to parkade level 4, on the east side, along W. 12th Avenue
- 18 parking stalls reserved for OR PARR ED and SP late morning shift nurses, which will be relocated around the corner on the parkade level 3 ramp. Flaggers will be available to direct.
- Please allow for extra time to find parking and exiting the parkade.
- An additional parking payment booth is available on the fourth floor of the parkade. Please consider choosing this booth.
- For your safety, please follow directional signage.
- During construction there will be fewer parking stalls. Please consider using public transportation, carpooling or other alternatives to provide parking for patients and visitors.
VCH encourages visitors and staff to use alternative methods of commuting, such as carpooling, transit and cycling.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding parking, please contact the Lower Mainland Consolidated Parking Administration Office.
We apologize for the disruption and thank you for your patience as we work to repair the W. 12th Avenue parkade. Due to the City of Vancouver noise control bylaws, this work cannot be done after hours or on weekends.