Between June 10 and 17, the west section of the VGH W. 12th Avenue parkade on level 4 will be closed for repaving.
During this time:
- the ramp from W. 12th Avenue to parkade level 4 will be temporarily out of service. Temporary signage will be in place to direct traffic;
- pedestrian access across the overhead walkway will remain available but will be restricted. To access to the walkway, please take the north elevator to level 4 and follow signage. During this week, access to the overhead walkway will only be available from the level 4 north elevator; other access points will be unavailable due to construction hoarding.
The following closures will be in effect June 10 to 17:
- One parking payment booth will be out of service (located on the level 4 ramp to W. 12th Avenue).
- The south elevator.
- Approximately 60 parking stalls on parkade level four adjacent to Laurel Street including:
- 5 designated parking stalls for people with disabilities; these will be temporarily relocated to parkade level 5, along Laurel Street, near the north elevator to facilitate elevator and overhead walkway access.
Please allow for extra time to find parking and exiting the parkade.
An additional parking payment booth is available on the fourth floor of the parkade. Please consider choosing this booth.
For your safety, please follow directional signage.
During construction there will be fewer parking stalls. Please consider using public transportation, carpooling or other alternatives to provide parking for patients and visitors.
Alternative parking locations can be found in the area.
VCH encourages staff to use alternative methods of commuting.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding parking, please contact the Lower Mainland Consolidated Parking Administration Office.
Telephone: (604) 930-5440
We apologize for the disruption and thank you for your patience as we work to repair the W. 12th Avenue parkade. Due to the City of Vancouver noise control bylaws, this work cannot be done after hours or on weekends.