Every minute of every day, someone in Canada needs blood and often from more than one generous donor. In fact, we need 11,000 new donors in B.C. every year just to meet patient needs. No matter the season, the need for blood is constant. That's why this summer, Canadian Blood Services will be hosting donation drives across the Community of Care. It's something small we can do today to help others wake up healthier tomorrow.
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30 am – 4:15 p.m. at Tomekichi Elementary School
- Wednesday, June 26, 1 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. at Peace Mennonite Church
Make your appointment today at blood.ca, drop-ins will also be accommodated.
Canadian Blood Services will also be at Richmond Hospital answering questions on June 4, July 17, and August 28. Feel free to stop by their booth in the atrium to ask any questions.
If you're still unsure if you're able to donate or for any other questions, call 1 888 2 DONATE.
- Be well hydrated (approx. 2 L day before and 1 L day of)
- Be generally feeling good
- Eat before you donate
- Bring government issued ID (eg: driver's license, passport, birth certificate) or a Canadian Blood Services Blood Donor Card.