Do you know a youth aged 16 to 22 who has a strong interest in the role health care plays in their community and wants to make a difference? If so, the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation wants to meet them.
The Foundation is looking to find new members for its Youth Advisory Comittee. The application deadline is midnight on Monday, September 28, 2015.
- Identify opportunities to involve North Shore youth with the Foundation
- Promote the Foundation’s vision within the North Shore community, serve as an ambassador
- Develop fundraising ideas for current initiatives/campaigns
- Use social media to reach the North Shore population, particularly within schools
- Assist with special events where appropriate
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 22 for the period of September 2015 through June 2016
- Attendance at meetings throughout the year
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Opportunity to give back and make a difference to the quality of health care for everyone in our community.
- Opportunity to learn how a Foundation operates
- Opportunity to liaise with Foundation leadership including executives and community leaders who serve on the Foundation Board
- Minimum of 10 volunteer hours
- Experience serving on a committee
- Opportunity to promote health care on the North Shore
- Opportunity to obtain references
“In 2013, I applied to become a member of the inaugural Youth Advisory Committee with two goals in mind: to witness, firsthand, the impact of the Foundation in terms of health care on the North Shore; second, to explore the breadth of the medical field. Within weeks of joining the Committee, all of my ‘goals’ were immediately fulfilled! The Lions Gate Hospital is a terrific platform to meet local youth and gain insight into various health care professions, while contributing to the North Shore community.”
- Sarah Bains, YAC committee member 2013/2014 & 2014/2015