Sechelt Hospital is looking for three (3) full-time and two (2) part-time Supervisors - Patient Flow, Access and Operations. Now is your chance to gain significant leadership experience while working and living on the Sunshine Coast – one of B.C.'s most scenic regions.
A backdrop of the majestic coastal mountain range frames a myriad of bike and cross-country skiing trails and sandy beaches. The area is home to nearly 29,000 people concentrated around the larger town centres of Sechelt, Gibsons Landing and Pender Harbour. The peninsula attracts people looking for a friendly, more relaxed lifestyle. Whether you settle in a town centre or choose a rural setting, you're always close to a wonderful array of social, cultural and recreational activities. This popular area within the Vancouver, Coast & Mountains region is accessible by a scenic 40-minute BC Ferries ride from Horseshoe Bay to Gibsons.
Sechelt Hospital is a 46-bed acute care hospital serving the entire Sunshine Coast. The hospital provides acute medical, surgical and maternity care and outpatient services, supported by laboratory, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation services. It is also home to a 4-bed critical care unit, a 24/7 Emergency Department and a new Ambulatory Care Unit.
- Oversee the provision of clinical care and provide supervision, leadership and guidance to designated staff and team professionals.
- Oversee patient flow and access on a 24/7 basis to ensure timely and appropriate patient placement from one care level to another.
- Work in conjunction with the Manager to identify and alleviate barriers to effective patient flow and provision of care.
- Coordinate work activities to ensure an efficient and high standard of care and effective utilization of client care resources to meet operational needs.
- Oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including: Continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work practices, workload, and staffing issues.
- Work closely with Leadership to recruit, hire, select, mentor and retain staff.
- Oversee the delivery of care with direct accountability for providing leadership and supervision to staff at all applicable sites.
- Be visible and available to units to address and resolve performance and staff issues including: Addressing workload pressures, resolving conflicts, communicating expectations and coaching staff, conducting performance management and having conversations with staff to both recognize good performance and to address under performance (both behavioral and clinical).
If this sounds like a perfect fit, visit careers.vch.ca to apply!