Criminal Record Check
Students must complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) from the Ministry of Justice if their placement requires contact with vulnerable children or adults. It should be completed prior to their first placement, every five years and upon any charge or conviction. Students engaged in brief observational experiences lasting no longer than three days while under direct supervision at all times are not required to complete a Criminal Record Check. In addition:
- CRC cost is the responsibility of the student
- CRC should be kept on file by your educational institution
- False information will result in the termination of your practicum experience
- Informing your educational institution and your placement site of any status change incurred during your practice experience
- In the event of a pre-existing or current charge or conviction, VCH will decide if your practice experience will be impacted.
Students will be expected to follow the same appearance guidelines of our staff. View the VCH Professional Image guidelines.
Instructors and students will be expected to wear their school identification, preferably ID with a photo.