Electronic resources are available for VCH employees and physicians. Some of these resources can only be accessed by username and password. If you encounter access issues, contact Library Services at email@example.com.
The electronic resources listed below are available for VCH employees and physicians and require a username and password for remote access. Please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org for access information, or if you have any questions or issues with these tools. A full, larger comprehensive list of research databases, ebook, ejournal, and recommended evidence-based websites can be found on our MyVCH Library Services webpage.
- Anatomy & Physiology Online / Primal Pictures Interactive Anatomy - Access comprehensive selections of dynamic,
interactive modules featuring more than 6,500 3D anatomy models. Modules
focus on individual organs, regions of the body, or anatomical systems. Includes
3D views, clinical text, dissection slides and videos, animations, MRI
correlations and quizzes.
- CINAHL - Get fast and easy access to top nursing and allied health journals, evidence-based care sheets, and quick lessons. CINAHL Complete also includes indexing for more than 5,000 journals, searchable cited references for more than 1,460 journals, full text dating back to 1937 and more than 4 million records in total.
- EBM Reviews - Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) Reviews is a definitive resource in evidence based medicine that combines the most trusted EBM resources into one database. EBMR includes the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, ACP Journal Club, the Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness (DARE) and more. Resource can be searched individually or as a group.
- Full Text Finder - Formerly A to Z Online Journals, Full Text Finder provides a single entry point to our entire electronic journal collection and access to thousands of online journals as part of the e-HLbc provincial library consortium. Usernames and passwords for individual journal titles may be required.
- Medline – (Ebsco) / Medline – (Ovid) / PubMed - MEDLINE is the premier bibliographic database that contains approximately 13 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a focus on biomedicine. Articles cover topics in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system and the pre-clinical sciences. Indexes over 5000 journals in over 30 languages. Records go back to the 1940s.
- PsycINFO - Nearly 3 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related disciplines. Journal coverage, which spans 1887 to present, includes international material selected from more than 2,500 periodicals in more than 25 languages. 97 percent of the covered material is peer-reviewed.
- UpToDate - An
evidence-based knowledge system authored by physicians to help clinicians make
the right decisions at the point of care. All UpToDate content is written and
edited by a global community of 4,800 physicians, world-renowned experts in
their specialties. Authors follow a rigorous editorial process, continually
reviewing the content to ensure it is of the highest quality and based on the
latest evidence. VCH users must first register their free account on a
VCH-networked computer remote, and mobile device access.