Communicable diseases are diseases that can be passed between people through proximity, social contact or intimate contact. This includes influenza (the flu), measles, mumps, whooping cough or tuberculosis.
- Review and analysis of
communicable disease cases
to monitor disease trends and detect outbreaks - View notifications of infectious diseases
- Investigation of communicable disease outbreaks in order to prevent transmission to others
- Development of policies for staff and other agencies
- Implementation of programs
- Consultation on communicable disease issues
- Acquiring and distributing vaccines
Public health gastroenteritis outbreak control policy
Child care facility gastroenteritis surveillance form
Adult care gastroenteritis surveillance form
Enteric outbreak summary form for health care facilities
Enteric outbreak summary form for child care facilities
Visit the Child Care and Residential Care pages of the Facilities Licensing section.