Skip to main content


Our environmental health staff can help you identify and control common household pests such as insects and rodents. They can also respond to complaints and concerns about pest infestations in food establishments.

How do I deal with a pest infestation in my home? 

Getting advice from a licensed pest control operator is your best option when dealing with an infestation in your home. Landlords must hire a licensed pest control operator to apply pesticides in rental suites.

For more information on pest control:

Pesticide use

The use of pesticides is controlled by municipal bylaws. Contact your local municipality for more information.

Bed bugs

Learn more on our bed bugs page.

SOURCE: Pests ( )
Page printed:

Copyright © Vancouver Coastal Health. All Rights Reserved.