The goal of publicly-subsidized home support services is to help you remain independent and safe in your own home as long as possible. The services you receive are based on your personal care needs and situation. This service is one of the many Home and Community Care services available.
Home support services provide help with:
- Daily living activities at home such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Special exercises, medication administration and other care needs.
- Support and relief for your primary caregiver.
Read our home support brochure for more information: Home Support Services Brochure - English
Visit the Eligibility page for home and community care services.
If you are looking for more flexibility in managing your home support services, Choice in Supports for Independent Living (CSIL) is an option. It is a direct funding model of self-managed home support for people with high physical care needs.
Instead of paying a home support agency to provide services, we provide you with money to hire your own home support workers. CSIL places greater responsibility on you but also gives you greater flexibility, choice and autonomy to manage your home support services.
Read our CSIL brochure for more information.
You are eligible to apply to the CSIL program if you:
- Can safely manage and coordinate all aspects of your care, including the administrative responsibilities. If you need help, a legal representative or client support group can apply to be the employer on your behalf.
- Have been assessed as requiring home support services as part of your care plan.
- Have assessed needs that can be met within CSIL, within available resources.
- Have been assessed as meeting the criteria for CSIL, which includes having significant physical disabilities, and request CSIL service.
- Agree to pay the assessed client rate.
Visit the How to access services page and Costs page for home and community care services.
To browse the home support services in your community, the following listings are in our Locations & services directory