If you or a family member want home and community care services, you must meet the eligibility requirements outlined below. To be eligible for our services you must:
- Be a resident of British Columbia.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status.*
- Need care after you have been released from the hospital, at home to prevent you from going to the hospital, o for a life-limiting illness.
You must meet additional eligibility requirements for some of our services such as home support, assisted living, adult day services and residential care. For those types of services you must:
- Be 19 years of age or older.
- Have lived in British Columbia for three months.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status*.
- Be unable to function independently because of chronic, health-related problems or have been diagnosed by a doctor with an end-stage illness.
There may be other specific criteria in place for other programs.
*You must be a landed immigrant or are on a Minister’s permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services.