We provide support, counselling, information and referrals to mental health services to clients and their friends and family. We also provide educational programs to other mental health service providers.
Our program is supported by a Family Advisory Committee that addresses new and ongoing issues related to family involvement in mental health in Vancouver, including policy and senior management initiatives.
Services for friends and family of mental health clients may include:
- Mental wellness information and educational materials
- Family education and support groups
- Mental health and wellness supports for families experiencing difficulty with the mental health system of care
- Develops and implements new mental health programs for families
- Consults with families, clients and staff to address any concerns around mental health services
Friends, family members and mental health clients in Vancouver.
These services are free-of-charge.
For more information on how to access a specific service, contact the program below:
Family Involvement and Support Program, Vancouver