Assisted Living

For independent people who need a little extra help with meals and personal care

Assisted Living

If you need help with meals and personal care, particularly if you are living alone or feeling isolated, assisted living services may be an option for you.

Assisted living is a housing plus health services option if you are still relatively independent but need a little extra help. It is one of the many Home and Community Care services we offer. What services are available? We provide subsidized Assisted Living service.

Your monthly contribution to Assisted Living services covers:

  • Accommodation - includes a private, lockable apartment or suite that you furnish with your own belongings. Buildings also have common dining and socializing spaces.
  • Hospitality services -includes two meals a day (lunch and supper), weekly housekeeping, weekly laundering of linens (towels and sheets), social and recreational opportunities and 24-hour emergency response system.
  • Personal care services -includes assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing and medication management.

Who's eligible? Seniors and people living with physical disabilities.

To be eligible, you must:

  • Be eligible to receive Home and Community Care services. Visit the Eligibility page in our Home and Community Care section for more details.
  • Be able to direct your own care and make decisions
  • Be able to live independently but require help with daily activities
  • Be able to communicate and be understood by others
  • Not behave in ways that place the safety of others at risk
  • Be able to take direction in an emergency and use the emergency response system
  • Not be managing well in your home with the available services

What are the costs? Visit the Cost page of the Home and Community Care section of this site to learn more Access to non-subsidized units There are also privately operated, non-subsidized Assisted Living sites where we have no involvement in the funding or access process. Refer to the Seniors Housing directory for more info. You can also look in the phone book under Retirement Communities and Homes.

How can I access this service? Visit the Accessing Services page in our Home and Community Care section for more information.

Learn more:

Where are your sites? We have a number of sites in the Lower Mainland, Sea to Sky Highway and the Sunshine Coast. Click on the area below to get a listing of the sites available.

Have feedback?

We welcome feedback about your care. Contact the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar by visiting the website or calling 1.866.714.3378.