We provide publicly subsidized Residential Care through our Home and Community Care services.
Residential Care is provided to people who:
- Have complex care needs
- Can no longer remain safely in their own home
- Require 24 hour nursing care in a supervised and secure environment
What services are provided?
- 24-hour professional nursing and personal care
- Accommodation in a safe and secure environment
- Nutritious meals
- Medication management
- Recreational activity programs
- Support and relief for families and loved ones who are providing care
Who's eligible? To be eligible you must meet the eligibility requirements for receiving Home and Community Care services .
Because publicly subsidized Residential Care is a limited resource, a priority system is in place so that those who most urgently need this service are placed first.
What are the costs? Visit the Cost page of the Home and Community Care section of this site to learn more.
How can I access this service? Visit our Accessing Services page in the Home and Community Care section for more information.
Learn more about residential care
Read the Information on Residential Care booklet.
Where are your residential care facilities? We have a number of sites in the Lower Mainland, Sea to Sky Highway and the Sunshine Coast. Click on the area below to get a listing of the sites available.