Facilities Maintenance and Operations jobs
Vancouver Coastal Health’s Facilities Maintenance and Operations (FMO) team employs individuals in a wide range of services in order to best support health care across our hospitals and facilities. We offer careers in a variety of support roles and are looking for professionals from all disciplines and career paths.
Facilities Maintenance and Operations provides hospital site–based stewardship of physical assets including structural, mechanical and electrical systems through programs of preventative, predictive, and demand maintenance and long-term infrastructure renewal.
Lower Mainland Facilities Management Team
FMO works closely with Lower Mainland Facilities Management Team whereby one specializes in the following:
- Real Estate provides leasing, property management, and strategic real estate services with a view to creating and maintaining effective leasing solutions, optimizing the use of real estate assets, and leveraging development opportunities to generate capital and build/replace facilities.
- Strategic Planning develops near-term facility projects and long-range facility plans by focusing on scope definition, internal and external stakeholder engagement, and integration of efficient clinical and support service operations into physical space solutions. Key outputs include providing strategic evidence-based support, best practices for workspace design, and proactive solutions for short and long-term health system sustainability.
- Capital Projects is structured to support project execution throughout the facility project life cycle. The team operates a robust PMO (Project Management Office) and systems-based framework that is responsive to workflow and client needs. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining standards for capital projects, maintenance, and other areas.
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability is a leading-edge team responsible for designing, implementing, guiding, and leading sustainability strategies for the four health organizations.
- Facilities Systems and Support leads the mandate to implement an Enterprise-wide Integrated Workplace Management System (EIWMS) for the FM portfolio across the Lower Mainland. Facilities Systems and Support includes the Procurement group which manages day-to-day procurement activities of the department.
- Facilities Management Operations (FMO) is consolidated across the Lower Mainland and provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), and VCH. FMO’s goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care.
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Competitive salaries and strong premiums and allowances
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Career growth with employer supported development opportunities
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
- Culture where all voices are heard and innovator in medical care, research and teaching
Meet the Team
“I feel very fortunate to work with the VGH FMO team. [Everyone is] extremely supportive and great to work with. I feel proud to work with such a great team and to be welcomed as the supervisor.”
Geordy MacLeod, Maintenance Worker SupervisorMeet Geordy