Indigenous Health jobs
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) honours its commitment to supporting the journey of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples in our region. We are committed to improving the health and access to culturally safe healthcare of the Indigenous people in our region, and we recognize that we all have a contribution to make to reconciliation and healing. With this recognition comes the responsibility to ensure authentic and intentional engagement and collaboration with the Indigenous population.
VCH’s Indigenous Health team works with staff and medical staff across all programs and departments to provide strategic leadership, partner collaboration and community engagement to assist VCH to become a more culturally competent and safe organization.
The team supports Vancouver Coastal Health in its commitment to:
- partner with First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples
- build a health system that honours the Indigenous worldview, traditional health and wellness practices and provides culturally safe services
- ensure culturally safe care is provided
- offer opportunities for educational workshops and learning
We are making VCH a safe place for healing, designed to preserve traditional healing practices and ensure cultural needs are addressed in all care plans.
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Competitive salaries and strong premiums and allowances
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Career growth with employer supported development opportunities
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
- Culture where all voices are heard and innovator in medical care, research and teaching
Meet the team
“What I enjoy most about the role is the diversity of the position and the ability to provide improved access to primary care to a population deeply in need of culturally safe care."
Laura Fitzgerald, Nurse PractitionerMeet Laura