Medical mask policy in effect during respiratory illness season
Masks are currently required in all patient care areas of hospitals, long-term care facilities and community health-care sites and clinics. Please do not enter these facilities if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, such as runny nose, sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath/trouble breathing, diarrhea or vomiting. Do not enter these facilities if you feel unwell, no matter how mild the symptoms.
Visitors to long-term care and seniors’ assisting living facilities need to wear a medical mask in common areas and when participating in indoor events in common areas.
Thank you for helping keep patients and staff healthy this season.
Need help immediately?
Mental health and substance use supported housing services provide supportive residential care homes staffed by nurses and mental health workers for clients who have a severe and persistent mental illness.
How to access
- Adults aged 19 and above.
- A resident of Vancouver for at least one year or have strong ties to Vancouver.
- Clients who have a funding source or are applying for PWD/CPP/OAS or subsidies.
- Clients who can provide consent or have an appointed designate to provide consent on their behalf.
- Clients with treated or untreated mental health conditions, substance use and complex physical health needs
- Be receiving mental health treatment through a Mental Health Team.
Medical respite in a shelter or a supported mental health step-down may be offered as a transition to longer-term housing.
Get a referral
You can access our services with a referral from clients, mental health teams, physicians, family members or anyone aware of a housing need. Referrals can be made by contacting the service directly.
- For more information on Addiction Supported Housing, call 1 ( 866) 658-1221
- For more information on low-barrier or housing-first options, call (604) 216-8741
Learn details in the Mental Health and Substance Use Supported Housing Services info sheet.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
How to get here
We liaise with the following:
- VCH Mental Health & Substance Use Teams
- Housing Service Providers
- Clients and Family
- Acute and Tertiary Services
- BC Housing
- City of Vancouver
Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health (Northeast)
Offers a variety of mental health programs to the Vancouver community.