Lighthouse Virtual Substance Use Care
Need help immediately?
Lighthouse is a free virtual clinic that uses telephone appointments to provide medical treatment and short-term stabilization for people who use substances.
We are currently piloting this virtual service in the Sunshine Coast and North Shore communities within the Vancouver Coastal Health region.
What to expect
This service provides access to an integrated team, including addictions medicine physicians, nurses and social workers, working closely with local service providers. Clients who require in-person assessment will be referred to an appropriate healthcare provider for care.
Telephone-based services include:
- short-term stabilization and treatment for substance use
- same-day treatment options
- connection to community care for ongoing treatment
- social work services
Lighthouse provides assessment and treatment for people who use the following substances and who require care and treatment:
- People in the Sunshine Coast and North Shore communities who are looking for treatment of their substance use.
- People in the Sunshine Coast and North Shore communities who use substances and are looking for linkage to local outreach services.
- People in the Sunshine Coast and North Shore communities who are disconnected from care or not in regular contact with care.
Lighthouse accepts self-referrals and referrals from community health providers or emergency services. If you are concerned about any client who uses substances, please secure consent from the individual and call our team to make a referral. A BC Services Card (CareCard) is not required for referral.
Please fax referral forms to (604) 681-6713 or submit via telephone (contact details below).
Contact Lighthouse Virtual Care
Phone: (604) 806-8223
Toll-free: 1 (877) 842-8884
Fax: (604) 681-6713