Medical mask policy in effect during respiratory illness season
Masks are currently required in all patient care areas of hospitals, long-term care facilities and community health-care sites and clinics. Please do not enter these facilities if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, such as runny nose, sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath/trouble breathing, diarrhea or vomiting. Do not enter these facilities if you feel unwell, no matter how mild the symptoms.
Visitors to long-term care and seniors’ assisting living facilities need to wear a medical mask in common areas and when participating in indoor events in common areas.
Thank you for helping keep patients and staff healthy this season.
Words of encouragement or well wishes are important in keeping spirits up. A number of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) hospitals offer a volunteer-run well wishes program that lets you send messages by email to friends or family during their hospital stay.
How to send by email
Check that you have all the information you need
You must include the following patient details so your well wishes are delivered to the right person:
- Patient’s first and last name
- Room number, unit or location - If you do not have the patient's room number or location, you will need to call the hospital the patient is in and ask for the room number and location details. If the patient is in the Intensive Care Unit, it may limit or not allow items from the outside to be brought in. If the patient is in the ICU, ask to be connected to that unit to ask if your email would be allowed before sending it.
Write your message
Send your message and the required information to the George Pearson Centre Well Wishes Program
Email the Well Wishes Program at WellWishesVA@vch.ca.
Horario de Funcionamiento
- Lunes: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Martes: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Miércoles: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Jueves: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Viernes: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Sábado: Cerrado
- Domingo: Cerrado
The Well Wishes Program is closed on statutory holidays.
This program delivers email messages only
If you'd like to send your message by mail, you will need to send it through the regular postal service. Address your letter with the patient's name, room number/unit/location, name of the hospital, and full address.
George Pearson Centre
Built in 1952, George Pearson Centre is located in a 7.7 hectare park-like setting. Resident amenities are ground floor, with the exception of the Stan Strong pool, which has an elevator to access.
Well Wishes Program
Words of encouragement or well wishes are important in keeping spirits up. A number of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) hospitals offer a volunteer-run well wishes program that lets you send messages by email to friends or family during their hospital stay. Your message will be printed, sealed and delivered by one of our volunteers within two business days.