Sexual health youth clinics for North Shore schools
North Shore school health manual - Section 11
Youth clinics on the North Shore offer confidential health services in a youth-friendly environment. Clinics are staffed by trained public health nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians. Youth are welcome to drop-in; no referrals, fees, or identification are required.
Youth clinic services include:
- Birth control options (free <20 years)
- Condoms and water-based lubricant
- Emergency contraception (free)
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, diagnosis, treatment and prevention counselling for both males and females
- Pregnancy testing and non-biased options counseling services including prenatal care, adoption referral or abortion referral
- Tobacco use reduction counseling, nicotine replacement therapy (free)
- General health information
- Referrals to other services such as counselling for mental health, addictions and disordered eating
Youth clinic hours
- Foundry North Shore (24 and under) - Monday to Thursday from 2:30 - 5 p.m.
- Foundry also provides a full range of medical services and drop-in counselling (see section 8 for more information)
- Parkgate Community Centre (19 and under) - Thursday from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- West Vancouver Community Centre (19 and under) - Tuesday from 2:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Youth resources on the North Shore
Sexual health information
Public Health Nurses are available to provide resources and support to school staff to teach health-based curriculum on a wide range of topics. Please contact the public health nurse assigned to your school to discuss your needs at (604) 983-6700.