Comunicado de prensa
Vancouver Coastal Health declares COVID-19 outbreak at Lions Gate Hospital
Vancouver, B.C. – A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared on the fourth floor of Lions Gate Hospital in the 4 West (sub-acute medicine unit) and 4 East (acute medicine unit) units after 16 patients and one staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
The unit is closed to new admissions and transfers at this time. All non-essential visits to the fourth floor of Lions Gate Hospital have been suspended until the outbreak measures have been lifted; the exception being for compassionate visits at the end of life.
Vancouver Coastal Health has immediately implemented strict infection prevention and control protocols to prevent further transmission of COVID-19. These include:
- Careful monitoring of patients, staff and physicians
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all high-touch surfaces
- Closing the units to patient admissions and transfers
- Cohorting of staff to the affected areas
- Self-monitoring or self-isolation of staff/physicians as part of Public Health contact tracing
- Suspension of visitors to the unit (with exemptions for end-of-life situations)
Lions Gate Hospital remains open and is prepared to safely receive and care for all individuals who require urgent and emergent care. Please do not delay in seeking care as this could worsen your condition.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is responsible for the delivery of $4.1 billion in community, hospital and long-term care to more than one million people in communities including Richmond, Vancouver, the North Shore, Sunshine Coast, Sea to Sky corridor, Powell River, Bella Bella and Bella Coola. VCH also provides specialized care and services for people throughout B.C., and is the province's hub of health-care education and research.
Public Affairs Specialist
Vancouver Coastal Health