Influenza (Flu) Vaccine
Influenza vaccination services provide routine and seasonal vaccinations against influenza or the flu.
The influenza (flu) vaccine is available to those living across the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) region. Public Health is urging the public to prioritize getting immunized against influenza in the weeks ahead, particularly those at higher risk from infection.
In B.C., everyone six months and older is recommended to get an annual influenza vaccine, especially those who are:
- Under five years or over 65 years
- Living in long-term care or assisted living
- Immunocompromised or have a chronic illness
Book a flu vaccine appointment
The best way to get a flu vaccine is to book an appointment.
- You can book your flu vaccine through the Get Vaccinated system. If you've received a COVID-19 vaccine in B.C., you're already registered with the Get Vaccinated system. No action is required and you will receive an email or SMS text when it's time to book your next appointment.
- If you cannot book online, you can book over the phone by calling the provincial call centre at 1 833 838-2323.
Learn more about how the vaccine is given, the vaccines recommended for different age groups, the virus strains and more.