Fall prevention services provide education, resources, assessments and referrals to help prevent falls for older adults.
Fall prevention teams will offer services in a clinic or at home. Services can include the following:
- Education and resources for active seniors and their families, community groups, and groups working with/for seniors;
- identifying fall hazards in the home;
- strength & balance assessments;
- recommendations for ways to reduce the risk of falls; and
- referrals to other health professionals or community services.