The Healthiest Babies Possible Program provides nutrition counselling, health education, food access and social support to pregnant people facing challenging life circumstances.
The HBP staff includes dietitians, public health nurses and support workers fluent in a variety of different languages.
What to expect
We offer expectant people:
- Nutrition counselling to support the health of the pregnant individual and growing baby
- Food hampers, grocery gift cards, prenatal vitamins, vitamin D drops for babies as needed
- Breast/chest feeding and labour information
- Dental health education and dental hygiene referral (Vancouver clients only)
- Opportunities to meet other families at our drop-in groups*
- Additional referrals, support and advocacy
*Indigenous-focused parenting circle offered