Virtual health for physicians
Offering the option of virtual appointments is making a huge difference for our patients. After all, providing quality care is at the heart of everything we do.
There are many instances when patients and clients don't need to come to a health care setting for their appointment.
In those cases, care providers have the option of using Zoom to arrange virtual consultations and appointments.
Zoom password notification
Passwords are required for all new and recurring Zoom meetings. For instructions on how to add a password to your meeting, please see the Meeting Password Guide below.
Requesting access to Zoom
- To request a Zoom license, please complete this survey.
- Use your personal device and personal network data (smart phone, tablet or personal computer) to download the "Zoom Cloud Meetings" app. At this time, we ask that staff do not use VCH devices to launch this application. Many internet providers are now offering free access to networks. The Enhanced Access by Internet Providers outlines details.
- Once you receive your license, you can activate your Zoom account. Follow the instructions in the email from Zoom and set your password
- Test Zoom on your device to ensure it's working prior to your first use. Go to https://www.zoom.us/test
- You're now ready to use Zoom!
Requesting a tablet
A new process is in effect for clinical areas to get access to tablets to support virtual connections, including Zoom and Virtual Interpretation.
VCH staff must visit the tablet virtual health page on the intranet (network access required) to request a tablet.
Contracted providers who are non-VCH staff but provide care to VCH clients need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tablet.
Information needed to process a tablet request:
What is the urgency of this request?
Who will be using the tablet and how will the tablet be used? (eg. video consultation, family virtual connection, interpretation)
What applications do you need? (eg. Zoom, Virtual Interpreter, Google Translate)
- Read the Tablet Handout for information on logging into Zoom, Language Line and cleaning your tablet
- Visit the VCH intranet for Tools for virtual communications (network access required)- Zoom, FaceTime, Virtual Interpreter
- Tips for using tablets:
- Remember to keep the tablet charged whenever possible
- Clear the FaceTime history and Zoom chat history
- Create a sign-in/out sheet for tracking
For questions related to Zoom licensing or education, please email email@example.com.