Service users receive
- Clean equipment for drug consumption – needles, water, cookers, filters and tourniquets – to reduce the spread of infectious diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis C as well as bacteria
- Spectrometer testing of drug contents
- Immediate response in the event of an overdose
- Clinical care – wound management, vaccinations, etc.
- Connections to addiction, healthcare and community services
The Vancouver Coastal Health operates Insite in partnership with PHS Community Services Society.
Learn more about Insite supervised consumption
- Health Canada Supervised Consumption
- Peer-reviewed medical research studies confirming the benefits of Insite - Findings from the evaluation of Vancouver’s Pilot Medically Supervised Safer Consumption Facility – Insite.
- Supreme Court of Canada’s decision confirming that Insite saves lives with no negative impact on public safety in the neighbourhood.
- Insite may facilitate tour requests from academic, research and related study programs. Unfortunately, we can't accommodate all requests. All tours of Insite are done prior to opening, when clients are not present. Tours may be subject to a $500 cost recovery fee which goes towards peer employment and support.
- Please complete the Insite tour request form for your request to be considered. (Download and save the PDF before filling it out). Email the form to email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or call (604) 202-2012 outside of business hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.