Vancouver Coastal Health, Adult Day Programs, provide seniors and people with disabilities with supportive, culturally inclusive health care services, social stimulation and therapeutic recreational programs in their community.
What to expect
People who attend Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Adult Day Programs travel to a location near them one to two days per week where they are met by a host of knowledgeable and caring staff offering many services, such as:
- therapeutic social and recreational activities,
- special events and seasonal celebrations,
- falls prevention education and movement classes,
- health status monitoring (weight, blood pressure, and nutrition),
- dementia support and pain management, and
- caregiver support including respite and education.
Clients can expect to be warmly welcomed with a morning refreshment before the start of the day's events. A hot meal is served at noon, followed by additional programming and activities prior to returning home by HandyDART or other transportation. Throughout the day, there are many opportunities to get active and stay connected.
Adult Day Programs partner with clients and families while they are building skills, fostering friendships, and experiencing the communities they live in.
Adult Day Programs generally operate weekdays and some offer weekends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost for Adult Day Programs?
If you are eligible to receive Adult Day Program services, the service rate is approximately $10.00 per day. Additional charges (i.e. transportation with HandyDART) may apply. Review costs with the location to confirm details, as costs may vary.
Access Adult Day Programs
Get a referral or contact us.
- Arrange for care by contacting the home and community care office near you. You may also have a health-care professional make a referral on your behalf.
- Eligibility is determined by home and community case managers in conjunction with Adult Day Program professional staff based on an assessment process.
Partners in care
As a person receiving care, clients can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, without discrimination of any kind and to receive care that is courteous and considerate.
Comfort and safety at all of our locations are a top priority. All locations operate with enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and infection prevention measures to ensure the best possible quality experience for clients and their families. Some sites offer enhanced security measures such as wander guard systems.