Pearson Dogwood Adult Day Program
The main floor of the new Dogwood Care Home will house the new, purpose-built Adult Day Program. This co-location of services creates efficiencies and opportunities to share resources such as clinic spaces and a hair salon. Future uses may include respite beds in the care home, providing opportunities for Adult Day Program clients to receive Overnight Respite in a familiar environment.
The Adult Day Program will provide a range of health, social stimulation, and therapeutic recreational programs in a supportive, culturally respectful environment. Clients benefit from group interaction, and their caregivers have a break, knowing their loved one is safe and cared for.
Supporting safety and independence
The Adult Day Program team includes a nurse, recreation coordinator, activity workers and volunteers. Clients attend programs appropriate to their capabilities and interests. Services include:
- Therapeutic social and recreational activities.
- Special events and seasonal celebrations.
- Falls prevention education and movement classes.
- Health status monitoring (weight, blood pressure, and nutrition).
- Dementia support and pain management.
- Caregiver support including respite and education.