UPCCs are not Emergency Departments
For life-threatening illnesses or injuries, call 911 or go the emergency department to be assessed and treated immediately.
What to expect
Before your visit
- Check the hours of operations at vch.ca/UPCC
- Check the approximate wait times of a UPCC at EDWaitTimes.ca
- Bring your BC Services card if you have one
During your visit
- Check-in with reception
- Get assessed by the triage nurse, when called
- See the family doctor or nurse practitioner when it is your turn
- Access an on-site social worker, if needed
After your visit
Follow-up with your family doctor or nurse practitioner, if you have one
Please note x-ray services is not available in the Northeast UPCC.