Sisters Together Active in Recovery (STAR) is an outpatient treatment program that offers free treatment options for women having problems related to the use of drugs or alcohol.
STAR is a bisexual, gay, and transgender-inclusive service that supports all women. The STAR treatment program includes:
- group programming for women in early and later stages of recovery,
- support drop-in groups,
- art therapy groups,
- acupuncture (co-ed),
- SMART recovery group (co-ed),
- short-term individual counselling,
- access to addictions medicine,
- access to mental health support,
- access to rehabilitation (occupational therapy, recreation therapy, peer support, employment counselling), and
- harm reduction supplies, including naloxone dispensing and training.
STAR program schedule and brochure
South Mental Health and Substance Use Team1200 West 73rd Avenue, Suite 220 Vancouver