Use the Whistleblower Hotline to report a known or suspected case of wrongdoing by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
What is the Whistleblower Hotline?
The Whistleblower Hotline does not replace other established processes or usual reporting structures such as reporting to management, workplace safety, Patient Care Quality Office, or other reporting avenues. Complainants are encouraged to use these existing reporting structures. However, if these avenues are not deemed appropriate for any reason, a report can be made confidentially and anonymously to the Whistleblower Hotline.
Contact the Whistleblower Hotline
You can reach the Whistleblower team via phone or email. Your message will be returned during regular business hours. Please note that this is not an emergency reporting mechanism.
Toll-free phone: 1 (855) 962-1586
Visit the compliments and complaints page to see the other reporting options available.
Who can use the Whistleblower Hotline?
Anyone can confidentially report a known or suspected case of wrongdoing by a person working for VCH to the Whistleblower Hotline.
Examples of wrongdoing
- Actions that are unlawful or not in compliance with any laws or regulations
- Theft, fraud, bribery or corruption
- Unethical or unprofessional conduct
- Unauthorized use, misuse, or waste of public funds or resources
- Non-compliance with procurement rules or other unfair trade practices
- Actions that are not in compliance with VCH policies or procedures, internal financial controls, or audit procedures
- Continuing to act while in a real or perceived conflict of interest
- Mistreatment of patients, staff or members of the public
- Actions that pose a danger to patients, public health, or the environment
Your report will be treated confidentially. Reports in good faith can be made without fear of reprisal, harassment or retaliation.