Parking at VCH sites
Get more information about parking at our hospitals, and learn how we are reducing barriers to health care access through parking fee reimbursement.
To ensure parking fees do not create a barrier to access for patients and visitors, parking exemptions will be available to people who meet certain criteria, including:
- patients receiving dialysis treatment,
- patients undergoing cancer treatment in acute-care,
- parents or guardians of children staying in the hospital overnight, or
- patients experiencing financial hardships.
Eligible patients and visitors are asked to pay for parking upfront when arriving at the hospital or facility and will be reimbursed after their appointment, either in person by visiting the cashier's office or by going online.
Each reimbursement claim must have a receipt in order to be qualified and approved for reimbursement. Each receipt must be submitted within 6 months of the initial parking date. Submissions will be regularly audited.
How to get your parking reimbursement while on-site (in person)
- Go to the cashier's office at the hospital where your appointment is
- Ask the cashier for a parking reimbursement form – cashier
- Complete the form in full and return it to the cashier, along with your parking receipt
- The cashier will reimburse you immediately
How to submit your parking reimbursement online
- Download and complete the parking reimbursement form – online in full.
- Email the completed form, along with a copy of the parking receipt, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible patients and visitors can expect to receive a reimbursement check in about six to eight weeks.
Note: You may submit more than one receipt with one form.
Learn more about visiting our locations
Staying at the hospital
If you're a patient at one of our health care facilities, you'll likely have questions about what to expect. Find out the steps we take to make your stay as comfortable as possible.