Skip to main content



<div class="ExternalClassB7EF4FF2293D4A26908EF1E9F6FFC199"><div><div><div><p>The Residential Historical Abuse Program funds trauma specific counselling for adults who were sexually abused as children or youth while living in the care of the British Columbia provincial government in placements including foster homes, group homes, and certain residential facilities.  <br></p><p>People often experience distress, anxiety, pain or other problems as a result of childhood sexual abuse. </p><p>If you were sexually abused when you were a child living in a BC provincial government foster home, group home, or residential facility, you may be eligible to have RHAP pay for your counselling.<br></p><p>View the <a href="" target="_blank" style="text-decoration-line:underline;">Residential Historical Abuse Program Brochure</a> (PDF)<br></p></div></div></div></div>200 - 520 West 6th 604-874-7661<div class="ExternalClassA3D7B8530C5C4096B948608B0012A03F"><p>​Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.<br></p></div>604-875-4255V5Z 4H549.26547979999999,-123.1095081<div class="ExternalClass2BD99853564A4DEE91C078C52F4401D9"><p>RHAP applicants are able to self-refer by completing the one page application and submit it by mail or fax. We are not able to accept applications by email due to privacy and confidentiality regulations. </p><p>Download the application in the <a href="" target="_blank">Residential Historical Abuse Program Brochure</a> (PDF).<br></p><p>After you submit your application, RHAP will contact you by telephone or mail. If you do not have a counsellor a counsellor, RHAP can help you find one. If you already have a counsellor, RHAP will need to ensure that they meet VCH’s professional standards. RHAP arranges payment directly with your counsellor. You and your counsellor will develop a treatment plan that may include individual, group or family counselling<br></p></div><div class="ExternalClass1E85B77C6A3447309516BBC1D27E728D"><div><div><div><p>To qualify for RHAP, you must sign a statement that says: </p><ul><li><p>you currently live in British Columbia and are over 19 years old</p></li><li><p>you were under the age of 19 when you were sexually abused</p></li><li><p>at the time of the abuse, you were living in a home or residential facility funded by the Province of British Columbia</p><p></p></li></ul><p>You do not have to file a police report or prove that you were sexually abused to be eligible for RHAP. However, you will be required to identify the home or facility where the abuse took place.<br></p><h2>Location<br></h2><p>VCH provides RHAP services throughout the <a href="">VCH health region</a>.<br></p><p>If you live outside of the VCH health region, please contact your home health region listed below to apply for service in your health area. RHAP is a provincial program and is offered through each health authority.<br></p><ul><li><p><a href="" target="_blank">Fraser Health</a></p></li><li><p><a href="" target="_blank">Vancouver Island Health</a></p></li><li><p><a href="">Interior Health</a><br></p></li><li><p>If you are unsure of your health authority, visit <a href="" target="_blank">Regional health authorities - BC Gov</a><br></p></li></ul></div></div></div></div>VancouverBecoming a RHAP provider<div class="ExternalClassF9AB91CF25284EA886FDDBA3C319C27F"><p>​To apply to be a contracted RHAP provider email <a href=""></a> or call 604-875-4255 for more information. <br></p><h2>Eligibility<br></h2><ul><li><p>Clinicians have a minimum of a master's degree in an applicable field with a minimum of 3 years post-masters experience</p></li><li><p>Clinicians are in good standing with their registration body</p></li><li><p>Clinicians work in private practice with capacity for in person sessions in a professional office setting with varied appointment times available</p></li><li><p>Clinicians also have experience and or advanced training in supporting clients with complex trauma<br></p></li></ul></div>

SOURCE: Result ( )
Page printed:

Copyright © Vancouver Coastal Health. All Rights Reserved.