Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Fraser Health Authority (FHA), Interior Health Authority (IHA), Island Health Authority (VIHA), Northern Health Authority (NHA), Providence Health Care (PHC), and Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) are committed to offering students quality practice education opportunities and have collaborated to develop an online core orientation for students and faculty accessing all British Columbia health authorities.
Students and instructors entering a health authority for a practice education experience must complete the following mandatory steps.
Practicum students returning to the health authority will need to enroll in the SPECO curriculum to complete any new or missing courses.
Get started with SPECO:
- Read the Learning Hub Quick Reference User Guide.
- Login to Learning Hub or sign up for an account.
- When creating an account please use a health authority or school email. Students should only have one account in the Learning Hub. Students who have several accounts need to go into the Learning Hub and submit a help ticket requesting their accounts be merged into one.
- Search for SPECO curriculum and click on the "Enroll in Curriculum" button. The required orientation courses to complete will be listed when you enroll in the SPECO curriculum.
- The list of courses will have a "Start Course" or a check mark with "Completed" button to the right of each course. Each of the courses with a "Start Course" button need to be completed.
- Once completed print your certificate and submit to your school along with your completed and signed SPECO Checklist.
You are required to read the Vancouver Coastal Health Information Privacy and Confidentiality Policy and agree to the online VCH Confidentiality Undertaking for Student Practice before your first practicum placement.
View thePatient Care Information System (PCIS) table of required learning to see a complete list of online training modules required for specific VCH sites and student roles, and visit your student role page to learn more about your requirements: