Our Library Services team is committed to delivering the best possible knowledge and information resources to the public, physicians and employees. We support healthier communities, evidence-based practice and clinical decision-making through partnerships and collaboration.
VCH Library Catalogue
Search our online catalogue to view our book and journal collections available at the Vancouver Community, Richmond Hospital, Lions Gate Hospital, and Aboriginal Health libraries. Contact the library to find out how resources can be delivered VCH clinicians and staff via interoffice mail.
The CIBC Centre for Patients and Families helps people make informed choices before, during and after their hospital stay.
Visit the Centre for Patients and Families website for more information.
We recommend the following online resources for patients and families:
- HealthLink BC - Provides British Columbians with health information and access to services.
- MedlinePlus – From the US National Library of Medicine, find reliable, up-to-date information about diseases, conditions, treatments, drugs, and wellness issues.
- Patient – Find over 4000 health information leaflets and a comprehensive directory of evidence-based clinical information.
- Patient Health Education Materials Catalogue - Provides a wide range of health education brochures created by VCH
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Find a vast array of information for the public from vaccine safety to injury prevention.
- Public libraries can also be a great source for health information and community services. Visit your local library today!
Resources for employees and physicians
We have research libraries at the following locations:
There are also a number of electronic research databases and online journals available to employees and physicians located on our Research Databases & Online Journals page. A full comprehensive list of all tools available are available on our MyVCH Library site.