The following is a list of things you should do as soon as you receive your new iPhone, ordownload a PDF copy of this page.
Be sure to also check out the Community Smartphone Quick Reference Guide for important tips on device protection, permitted applications, and expectations of smartphone use.
- Activate your new phone – instructions for activating your new iPhone have been included in the phone’s box, or download one fo the following instructions:
Activation instructions for users previously on a Rogers device
Activation instructions for users previously on a Telus device
Please note: Set-up processes for phones that will be shared by multiple staff can be completed by site coordinators or program administrative support, as directed by the program manager, before being deployed to staff.
- Return your old phone (if applicable) – all replaced devices should be returned to your manager and shipped to:
Attn: Sheldon Mishra - Mobile Services
1795 Willingdon Ave
- Set-up your email, calendar and contacts on your new phone – Download instructions for syncing your VCH Outlook email, calendar, and contacts with your new iPhone.
Important note for shared phone users: initially, you’ll need to access your email and calendar through webmail via the Safari internet browsers. In the New Year we’ll be rolling out a program known as “AirWatch” which will give all employees the ability to log-on to their personal profiles directly. Learn more about AirWatch.
- If you already have a smartphone, without data, your device should now be equipped with data. Not sure if your data is turned on? Download these instructions to find out if your data is truned on.
- Turn off iCloud if on – iCloud is a function that allows sharing of information (photos, videos, documents, apps, and more) across multiple devices…and it stores information in the US. This presents a privacy risk and is also in violation of BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Importantly, iCloud relies on Apple IDs for this sharing of information. To help ensure you can continue to be a good steward of your clients’ personal information, prior to using your new iPhone, please:
i. Turn OFF (if on) your iCloud, by following the Apple's instructions to change iCloud settings.
ii. Do NOT log-in to your Apple ID (if you already have one) nor create an Apple ID on your VCH device (if you don’t already have one)
- Test photo download – If you think you’ll need to use your new device for capturing clinically relevant photos*, please take a test photo and practice uploading it to your computer. If you have no problem, you’re good to go, but if you experience difficulties, please follow these instructions to upload photos.
Not sure if you’ll need to use your phone for photos, or what might need to be kept as part of the client legal record? Please refer to the Use of Smartphones to Record in Community Settings (intranet link).