Skip to main content

Immunize your child

Last reviewed: March 16, 2022

Spring break childhood immunization clinics

VCH Public Health immunization programs are back! 

During the COVID-19 pandemic, our school-age immunization programs for protection against diseases like diphtheria, whooping cough, measles and mumps were interrupted. 

This spring break, we're offering catch-up immunization appointments in communities throughout the VCH region. Please note that COVID-19 Immunization is only available through the GetVaccinated system

Book an appointment by location:

Book an appointment in Vancouver 

Book an appointment on the North Shore

To book an appointment in other communities in the VCH region, call the clinic or Community Health Centre near you:

Find a complete list of clinics

Not sure if your child is up to date on their childhood vaccines? Check their vaccination records at Health Gateway.

Thank you for taking the time to ensure your child's immunizations are up to date. For more information on the school based immunization program and vaccine schedules see

Immunizations are your child's best protection now and in the future. Childhood vaccines work quickly to protect against very infectious diseases. When you immunize your child, you're protecting them against meningitis, pneumonia, paralysis, deafness, seizures, brain damage, cancer or even death.

VCH offers free immunization clinics for children, starting at age four, who are entering kindergarten in the fall.

Keep a copy of your child's immunization records in a safe place and take it with you each time. 

New to British Columbia?

A child without an immunization record, or proof of having had a disease, is considered unimmunized and unprotected. If you are moved here from another country or province, try to get your child's record sent to you.

Bring your child's immunization record to a community health centre to check:

  • What immunizations your child has received.

  • What routine childhood immunizations available, which may be different than your home country or province. Any missing will be provided free.

Learn more about immunizations

SOURCE: Immunize your child ( )
Page printed:

Copyright © Vancouver Coastal Health. All Rights Reserved.