Skip to main content

Apply for a food service permit

Food safety guidelines

This document provides a foundation for a collaborative approach to food safety between Vancouver Coastal Health and food service providers.

Food service permits & forms

Every operator of a food service establishment must have a valid annual permit. Food service establishments include restaurants, take-outs, caterers and mobile food service providers. The annual permit is not transferable to a temporary event.
NOTE: Due to the security features of some web browsers, such as Google Chrome, the “Email to” button within the form may not launch your default email program. If this occurs, download and save a copy of the completed permit application on your computer first and then click on the “Email to” button to launch your default email program.
NOTE: Operators of non-permitted food premises such as food stores and food manufacturer must obtain an approval to operate.

Documents for temporary events

Coordinators of temporary events and tradeshows are responsible for the services provided at these events. Submit the Coordinator's application together with the Temporary Food Service applications collected from your vendors at least 14 days in advance of the event. If an event does not have a coordinator, it is the vendor's responsibility to submit their Temporary food Service application.

Documents for temporary food markets

NOTE: Vendors should refer to the guideline below when completing this application. Submit the application form at least 30 days prior to the start of the market.
SOURCE: Apply for a food service permit ( )
Page printed:

Copyright © Vancouver Coastal Health. All Rights Reserved.