While mental illness or substance use can seriously affect you and your family members, recovery is possible. Like most illnesses, getting early treatment is important.
Mental Health and Substance Use services provide a range of health care and support services to adults and older adults struggling with acute, chronic, or recurring challenges, including:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Substance Use
Services may be provided in hospitals, the community or in your own home.
For services for children and youth, visit our children & youth mental health pages.
If you feel you might be in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, you should call 911 or go to the hospital emergency department right away.
The Access & Assessment Centre is a 24/7 Walk-in clinic and phone service for urgent and non-emergency access to VCH Mental Health and Substance Use services (phones & clinic are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). We provide onsite assessments, phone assessments and clinical outreach to adult (17+) Vancouver residents. No referral or appointment required.
- (604) 875-8289
- 711 West 12th Ave (enter through back lane behind 715 West 12th Ave “Health Centre”)
We provide crisis intervention for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. Our services include assessment, information and referrals to follow up with mental health services, health care professionals or other agencies.
Our professionally trained volunteers can provide free, confidential, non-judgmental, emotional support if you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
- Richmond CHIMO Community Services: (604) 279-7070 - phone lines open 8:00 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week
- Provincial Crisis Centre: 1 800 SUICIDE (1 (800) 784-2433) - phone lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or visit www.crisiscentrechat.ca
- Seniors Distress Line: (604) 872-1234 - phone lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
You can access our services with a referral from your family doctor, nurse practitioner or psychiatrist. Some services can also be accessed directly without a referral.
You can call Central Intake to identify what services will best meet your needs. Our health care professionals can provide screening, assessment, treatment recommendations and referrals to most mental health and substance use services.
- Adult Mental Health: Access & Assessment Centre (604) 875-8289 - phone lines and clinic open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or visit 711 West 12th Ave (enter through back lane behind 715 West 12th Ave “Health Centre”).
- Older Adult Mental Health: (604) 709-6785 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Addiction Services: 1 (866) 658-1221 - phone lines open Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- Adult Mental Health & Addiction: (604) 244-5488 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Older Adult Mental Health & Addiction: (604) 675-3975 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- North Shore: (604) 983-6020 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pemberton: (604) 698-5861 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Powell River: (604) 485-3300 - phone lines open Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Squamish: (604) 815-3008 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunshine Coast (Gibsons, Sechelt & Pender Harbour): (604) 885-6101 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Whistler: (604) 698-6455 - phone lines open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.