Our tertiary mental health services provide specialized care to meet the needs of individuals with serious and persistent mental illness who have not been successfully treated by other programs.
Our tertiary services include:
- Assessment, treatment services focusing on diagnosis, stabilization of acute symptoms not resolved in other settings
- Rehabilitation, stabilization services focusing on psychosocial rehabilitation, recovery in a specialized setting with a longer length of stay than secondary, primary services
Basic criteria for individuals who may require tertiary services:
- 19 years of age and older with persistent psychiatric disorder;
- Psychiatric symptoms result in negative impact on function;
- May demonstrate ongoing behaviours that place self or others at risk despite treatment and interventions;
- Requires comprehensive assessment, treatment, stabilization, rehabilitation and more intensive program resources;
- Whose needs exceed, cannot be supported by or have not responded to treatment and interventions in community and acute care settings
The needs of adults and older adults are addressed and reviewed separately.
These services are free-of-charge.
You can access this
service with a referral made by a health care practitioner through Tertiary
Mental Health & Substance Use
Services Central Access & Discharge. You can call them at (604) 875-4111, local 23066
or fax to 1 (888) 857-0371.
View the Tertiary mental health and substance use brochure