Our Regional Public Health Surveillance Unit works to improve public health through disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation, research and education. Surveillance staff collect, analyze and interpret data to:
- Monitor trends in communicable and non-communicable disease.
- Apply rigorous epidemiological methods to the examination of issues of public health concern.
- Use research evidence to support public health interventions.
- Provide scientifically valid information in support of public health advocacy, policy development and the prevention and control of disease.
- Conduct and support outbreak investigations.
Read the PHSU 5 Year Report to learn more about this innovative and national leading practice for public health.