Medical Imaging jobs
Join the VCH team in one of our many Medical Imaging jobs, from MRI technologist, to Radiological Technologist or Sonographer.
Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI) consists of 4 Health Authorities; Fraser Health (FH), Provincial Health Services (PHSA), Providence Health Care (PHC) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
LMMI performs over 2 million imaging procedures per year providing a full spectrum of diagnostic imaging services across multiple facilities. In LMMI, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in either large academic research, community, or rural hospitals where innovative technology, advanced practice, and research go hand-in-hand. Within LMMI, you will find mentors among our skilled technologists and sonographers as well as opportunities for continuing education.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist jobs
As an MRI Technologist, you will be operating the MRI equipment to create cross-sectional images of patients to help diagnose and treat their illnesses. You will work closely with patients before, during and after the procedure, ensuring they are prepared and comfortable throughout the exam. MRI departments are located in outpatient clinics and hospital settings. Patients range from scheduled outpatients to urgent emergency patients. As a healthcare professional you will be working with an interdisciplinary team to prioritize the needs of the patient.
Where you'll work
Lions Gate Hospital (LGH), Vancouver General Hospital (VGH), BC Cancer Vancouver, BC Children’s Hospital, UBC Hospital (UBCH), Richmond Hospital, Burnaby Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH), Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH), Langley Memorial Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital, Jim Pattison Pavilion Surrey, St Paul’s Hospital (SPH), Peace Arch Hospital and Abbotsford Regional Hospital (ARH).
Radiological Technologist jobs
As a radiological technologist, you are an integral member of Medical Imaging’s diagnostic health care team. The range of procedures in Radiography differ between sites and are largely based on the size of the hospital and /or the location. All sites offer radiography imaging while the medium to larger sites also offers breast imaging, fluoroscopy and interventional radiography.
Where you'll work
As a medical radiation technologist, you will provide diagnostic imaging support in various areas:
- Whether working at a large, medium or small hospital, you will provide diagnostic imaging to out and in-patients and emergency/trauma
- At medium to larger hospitals, your diagnostic imaging expertise will also be required in the operating room, intensive care, wards, cast clinics, extremity clinics and pain clinics
The larger hospitals provide support to the entire province and other health authorities for the following programs:
- Emergency trauma: VGH is the provincial referral centre for treatment of the most serious multiple-injured patients
- Orthopaedics: UBCH and VGH are the leaders in minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Neurosciences: VGH is internationally renowned for spine and traumatic spinal cord injury, complex spinal cord cancer surgery, spinal reconstructive surgical procedures and the provincial spinal unit
- Intensive care: VGH, SPH, RCH, SMH, LGH and ARH are the several ICUs that care for the province’s most seriously ill patients
- Cardiac sciences: VGH and SPH are the largest cardiac centres in B.C.
- Vascular sciences: VGH is the province’s only endovascular repair program for disrupted thoracic aortas
- Transplants: VGH is the provincial centre for bone marrow, lung, pancreas, liver, kidney and islet cell transplant
- Burns and plastic surgery: VGH is the provincial centre for adult burns, trauma from accidents, amputations and breast reconstruction surgery for breast cancer patients
As a Sonographer, Echocardiographer or Breast Health Technologist, you are an integral part of the health care team within Medical Imaging. The role of the professional Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is diverse and dynamic, and sonographers are active in many areas within healthcare. You will use your skills and training to perform the ultrasound exam, your assessment will help determine if structures are normal or abnormal and adapt your investigations as needed.
Where you'll work
General Ultrasound is offered in 23 hospitals and Echocardiography is offered at 16 hospitals in the lower mainland. The hospitals vary in size and geographic location, offering something for everyone.
Diversity in Ultrasound within the lower mainland, means there are many different opportunities depending on your chosen specialty area in Ultrasound. LMMI offers areas of care in:
- General Ultrasound
- Breast Imaging
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Diversity with a vast range of services and supports
- Opportunities to take an active role in your profession and support education of the next generation of Medical Imaging professionals
- Career growth with access to education reimbursements and paid educational leave
- Comprehensive health benefits, work-life balance and wellness support
- Multi-disciplinary team team-based care
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
As part of our team, you will be encouraged to take an active role in your profession by supporting the education and training of the next generation of Medical Imaging professionals. Be a leader in your department, support your peers and colleagues and advocate for your patients.Career pathways for medical imaging professionals