Clinical Perfusionists are expert members of the cardiac surgical team and provide life-saving support for patients during surgery and intensive care at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
Perfusionist job opportunity alerts
There are currently no opportunities for Perfusionists at VCH posted. However, shadow shifts can be arranged. We encourage you to sign up for job alerts to be notified when a position is posted, or to reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team directly on this role.
Where you may work
Perfusionists work in the Operating Room alongside anesthesiologists and surgeons during open heart surgery. They also support critically ill patients in the Intensive Care Units by providing extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for long-term heart and/or lung life support.
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Career growth with access to education reimbursements and paid educational leave
- Competitive salaries and strong premiums and allowances
- Comprehensive health benefits, work-life balance and wellness support
- Multi-disciplinary team team-based care
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
Meet the team
“We provide care to all the patients we interact with and set professional goals and strive for best practice on all our cases."
Matt Fieldwalker, Perfusionist, VGHMeet Matt