Recreation Therapist jobs
Recreation Therapists at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) play a crucial role in maintaining and improving patients’ level of social and leisure function.
Recreation Therapists at VCH improve health and wellness using recreation to meet physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and social needs. Recreation therapists help clients with challenging health conditions to bring about health restoration and have the potential to enhance health or produce high-level wellness.
Where you may work
Recreation Therapists work within a variety of health care areas in both urban settings and smaller communities, including:
- Long-term care
- Community and tertiary mental health
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Career growth with access to education reimbursements and paid educational leave
- Competitive salaries and strong premiums and allowances
- Comprehensive health benefits, work-life balance and wellness support
- Multi-disciplinary team team-based care
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
Hear from members of the recreation therapy team
Meet the team
“We practice in a culturally inclusive way to make sure we are incorporating culturally diverse recreation for patients. These values highlight the importance of evaluating our programs and one-to-one sessions with clients, and determining how our interventions can be more intentional and effective.”
Katie Arsenault and Jozen Diguangco, Recreation Therapists at Richmond HospitalMeet Katie and Jozen