Long-term care jobs
Imagine making a difference in the lives of clients who are no longer able to care for themselves or by a relative in their own home and who need 24-hour professional care and supervision. Your role as a long-term care health care professional will give you an opportunity to become part of a team that cares for the “whole” person in an extended care facility.
Join the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) team working in long-term care. People often need long-term care when they have a serious, ongoing health condition or disability. The need for long-term care can arise suddenly, such as after a heart attack or stroke. Most often it develops gradually, as people get older and frailer or as an illness or disability gets worse. The most common type of long-term care is personal care—help with everyday activities, also called “activities of daily living” (ADL). These activities include bathing, dressing, eating, and moving around.
At VCH, you have the opportunity to provide direct client care in a supportive, team environment.
From dispensing medications, assisting with meals, engaging our clients in daily activities, and providing emotional support, you can make a difference in the quality of the residents’ lives.
Why work for Vancouver Coastal Health in Long-Term Care?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Build long term relationships with colleagues, residents, and their families
- Supportive environment with experienced staff to help support those who are newer to long term care
- Grow your career with employer supported development opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in quality improvement, education and projects
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings.
Meet the team
"Patients actively learn and practice new songs. I am so honoured to be able to improve their quality of life through music therapy.”
Annie Yip, Music Therapist, Little Mountain PlaceMeet Annie