Health data & reporting
Our regional Public Health surveillance team works to improve public health through disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation, research and education.
Surveillance staff collect, analyze and interpret data to:
- Monitor trends in communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Apply rigorous epidemiological methods to the examination of issues of public health concern.
- Use research evidence to support public health interventions.
- Provide scientifically valid information in support of public health advocacy, policy development and the prevention and control of disease.
- Conduct and support outbreak investigations.