Adult Day Program at Youville
- 4950 Heather Street Vancouver, BC V5Z 3L9
- Phone: (604) 806-9504
- Home and community care access lines: (604) 263-7377
- Fax: (604) 261-9047
Adult Day Programs provide older adults who may have physical and/or memory challenges or who are living with a chronic illness with supportive, culturally inclusive health, social stimulation and therapeutic recreational programs in their community.
How to access
- People aged 60 to 65+ years with a diagnosis of dementia (or younger if living with an early onset dementia) who also live with complex and chronic medical and/or mental health issues.
- The lower stimulation environment at Youville may benefit clients with dementia or a mental health diagnosis. At times Youville can provide adult day program services for clients with mild-moderate behavioural needs which can not be accommodated in another program.
- A wheelchair-accessible washroom and sit-to-stand lift are available to assist with clients' increased physical care needs.
- When organized, the Licensed Practical Nurse can administer medications while attending the program.
- City-wide catchment.
Review the eligibility criteria and how to arrange home and community care services.
Get a referral
Contact the Vancouver home and community care office at (604) 263-7377 or have a health-care professional make a referral on your behalf.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
Flexible hours depending on need, but the latest pick-up is 4 p.m.
How to get here
Clients can be brought to and from the program by HandiDart or by family members.
There are a few places to park at the front of the building, some street parking and a parking lot at the back of the building accessible from 33rd Avenue in Vancouver.
More about the services
- Hot, nutritious Lunch (and snacks), accommodating diet specifications.
- Daily exercises and Active Games to build strength, balance and endurance.
- Opportunity for social and recreational programming suited to client’s level of abilities.
- Calm and inviting location with large windows overlooking a garden.
- Summer walks in a large garden.
- Relaxation space and theatre.
- Music therapy and art programs.
- Special events seasonally to promote community.
- Caregivers can enjoy respite while the family member is at Youville ADP.
More about this service
Youville Residence was built in 1979 and is a six-storey building. Forty-two Residents live between the second and third floors of the building. All rooms are private. The second floor is a Special Care Neighborhood for people living with dementia.